Spartacus Stories

Here is a collection of Stories written by many different disabled people about the impact that DLA has on their lives. It also includes stories of fear about the proposed changes to personal independence payment.

Admin: benefitscroungingscum, Lucia and Lucy
to add your story email us at spartacusstories @ g mail . com (without the spaces) (your posts are there, just being scheduled throughout the day) (can you add how you want your 'name' to appear ta)

Monday 16 January 2012

#spartacusstories and #myDLA - how DLA helps 4 - #spartacusreport

  1. The DWP denied me DLA, dispite the fact that I have to use a wheelchair to get about outside - #myDLA

    I need extra heating because I'm in all day and can't move around much. #myDLA helps to pay for that.

    #myDLA funds my wheelchair adapted car. Without it I'd be housebound.

    #myDLA pays for me to have ready meals and takeaways, on the days my MS leaves me with not enough strength to cook

    I struggle to fill in forms and have to get others to do them for me. Not looking forward to when I admit I'm disabled enough to need #mydla
  2. Without #myDLA I would be less independent not more. #myDLA is my lifeline without it I would be stuck.
  3. I would happily give back #myDLA if my disabilities were taken away with it. Sadly that isn't going to happen.
  4. #myDLA with support it took me 6 weeks to fill in the form and with evidence was several hundred pages long. Hardly a simple form!

    #myDLA provides us with a reliable car and helps towards essential costs such as energy, special diet foods, medication, travel to appts

    #myDLA enabled me to start work on my own business, which is now going pretty well. So #myDLA enables me to pay taxes...to be used on DLA ;)

    #myDLA WAS paying for a car to get to work till it was taken away because "I didn't pose a fainting risk" 3 weeks later, I fainted at work.

    #myDLA pays for my wheelchair. Without it, I'd soon land in hospital from trying to cope/survive.
  5. #myDLA helps me work part-time so can find out what I need to help my daughter & care for her. Reading info, creating things etc
  6. People don't know how tiring it is having a chn with special needs and you to work full time would kill you #myDLA to help keep my sanity
  7. #MyDLA is how I buy equipment, electric for ventilator/feeding equipment, wheelchairs, inco pads .. the list goes on! Without, I'm dead.
  8. I've tried 3 times to fill in #myDLA but the form is always too much of a barrier.
  9. Been fighting 4 #myDLA back since Jan, have become housebound since lost it & my independence too!
  10. You wouldn't believe our electric bills- ventilator, concentrator, sats monitor, sensory lights #myDLA
  11. #mydla I was turned down 3 times, had what I wrote on the form lied about by the DWP, and it took me 3 months to re-write the form each time
  12. Living with illness and disability is frightening and uncertain enough without adding money worries into the mix. #mydla
  13. #myDLA keeps the lights and the internet on #prepaymeterpoverty #risingenrgycost
  14. #mydla doesnt make me rich but does provide for essentials.
  15. #mydla allows us to have a car which enables us to take our daughter to school.
  16. Housing Benefit LHA cuts & changes to DLA devastating disabled people & families in the UK. DLA empowers people. #myDLA

    #mydla goes towards essential household costs to enable us to live like human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment