Spartacus Stories

Here is a collection of Stories written by many different disabled people about the impact that DLA has on their lives. It also includes stories of fear about the proposed changes to personal independence payment.

Admin: benefitscroungingscum, Lucia and Lucy
to add your story email us at spartacusstories @ g mail . com (without the spaces) (your posts are there, just being scheduled throughout the day) (can you add how you want your 'name' to appear ta)

Monday 16 January 2012

Marilyn's Story


I have incurable, terminal cancer, and struggle with fatigue, mobility problems and especially side effects from my various treatments. I’ve been on constant chemo (and other debilitating drugs) for some time – this and living with a terminal illness takes its toll. DLA pays for a car and some home care, so it helps me to have a better quality of life – important when you won’t have much quantity of life.
If the Government cuts DLA and establishes PIP, I don’t know if I’ll be eligible for the new benefit – with all the uncertainty in my life, this just adds to my anxieties and fears.
I had to retire early, and have not been able to be politically active for some years – the #sparticusreport campaign has helped me find my voice again. Together we shout!

1 comment: