Spartacus Stories

Here is a collection of Stories written by many different disabled people about the impact that DLA has on their lives. It also includes stories of fear about the proposed changes to personal independence payment.

Admin: benefitscroungingscum, Lucia and Lucy
to add your story email us at spartacusstories @ g mail . com (without the spaces) (your posts are there, just being scheduled throughout the day) (can you add how you want your 'name' to appear ta)

Monday 16 January 2012

#spartacusstories and #myDLA - how DLA helps 8 - #spartacusreport

  1. Because my illness is also variable, I let #myDLA lapse when my health improved, and now I have relapsed I have to go through it all again.

    #myDLA was hard to get, even with lots of supporting evidence. It enables me to be an independent 20something- instead of being lonely.

    #MyDLA makes it possible for me to eat real food, for me to get cabs on journeys other people could walk, for me to have self-respect

    I need a carer. My wife can only stay home to care for me if she gets carers allowance, which she will only get if #myDLA is approved.

    #mydla covers taxi costs - I lost my driving licence cos of my epilepsy. It also pays for buying in meals when I'm too ill to cook

    #myDLA form took me months to fill in. It is a long form involving a lot of disclosure of things that are very personal in nature
  2. #MyDLA saves my life during times of major depressive illness I can afford the rent to live in a peaceful space. It speeds my recovery #mhuk
  3. I have a diagnosed condition, I am too ill to prove over and over. both mentally and physically. Its life or death #myDLA
  4. took me two weeks to fill in #mydla form because of fatigue and depression caused by #mydla from
  5. #myDLA for Nate pays for frequent hospital parking charges, and let's me work less and care for him more
  6. #mydla Living in fear every day - waiting for the post. Waiting for ATOS / ESA. Without my DLA I have no choices left
  7. #myDLA pays for Tesco to deliver food, for taxi to doctors, extra bath to ease aching, for internet to connect and contribute to the world.
  8. The Department of Work and Pensions estimates that fraud levels for Disability Living Allowance are less than 1% #mydla
  9. #myDLA although my autistic son is physically fine because of sensory and behavioural issues we are house bound without our car noDLA=panic!
  10. #mydla is my lifeline. Its due for review next yr & Im terrified it'll be taken off me. Also waiting on ESA call still on IB atm Very Scared
  11. #myDLA it took me 2 1/2 hrs to fill in the form with lots of tears & lots of stress. Fingers crossed I get it!!!!
  12. Its vital that "free benefits" rhetoric from some media is challenged so tell the world about why DLA is essential to you #myDLA
  13. #myDLA for Nate pays for frequent hospital parking charges, and let's me work less and care for him more
  14. #myDLA ATOS Doctor misrepresented my claim. Asking me to sign a blank page & telling decision makers I could do all the things I could not!
  15. I won't get better. I WILL get worse, I've (begrudgingly) accepted that. Constant form filling & ritual humiliation doesn't help. #myDLA
  16. #myDLA it took me 2 1/2 hrs to fill in the form with lots of tears & lots of stress. Fingers crossed I get it!!!!
  17. Its vital that "free benefits" rhetoric from some media is challenged so tell the world about why DLA is essential to you #myDLA
  18. #myDLA is for a rare genetic disability I was born with. 120+ broken bones, used to be full-time wheelchair user, confined to bed since 2004
  19. #myDLA ATOS Doctor misrepresented my claim. Asking me to sign a blank page & telling decision makers I could do all the things I could not!

    #myDLA Take what little I get from me & I'll punch you in the head. Trust me; I won't feel a thing... #MS

No comments:

Post a Comment