Spartacus Stories

Here is a collection of Stories written by many different disabled people about the impact that DLA has on their lives. It also includes stories of fear about the proposed changes to personal independence payment.

Admin: benefitscroungingscum, Lucia and Lucy
to add your story email us at spartacusstories @ g mail . com (without the spaces) (your posts are there, just being scheduled throughout the day) (can you add how you want your 'name' to appear ta)

Monday 16 January 2012

Lucys story #spartacusstories #spartacusreport


 Look, can you see me?
No, can you really see me?
Look beyond the clothes I wear
And look into my life.

Hiding in the shadows
Is the truth I try to hide
That the life I have
Isn’t the life you see

I wear the mask well
To those who don’t know
I don’t look disabled
You never could tell

I don’t like to admit
that I struggle with life
but day to days hard
And iv wanted to quit

I don’t like to dwell
On the negative stuff
but it’s a part of my life
that I feel I should tell

no one knows im disabled
or claim DLA
I act quite normal
(when my conditions stable)

My DLA
Im ashamed to say
Goes on some things
I shouldn’t have to pay

Again its quite private
And hidden away
I don’t like to say this
But I need it to stay

That’s why im campaigning
And making a fuss
Without this allowance
Id be at a loss

No comments:

Post a Comment