Spartacus Stories

Here is a collection of Stories written by many different disabled people about the impact that DLA has on their lives. It also includes stories of fear about the proposed changes to personal independence payment.

Admin: benefitscroungingscum, Lucia and Lucy
to add your story email us at spartacusstories @ g mail . com (without the spaces) (your posts are there, just being scheduled throughout the day) (can you add how you want your 'name' to appear ta)

Tuesday 17 January 2012

catherines story #spartacusreport #spartacusstories

My DLA

Has enabled me to be a proper mother to two children, both with physical or mental disabilities who have gone on to University and are now wage earners in their own right. Now I need my DLA just to keep alive and the house clean. My condition has got so bad that I can no longer walk due to breathlessness nor care for myself. Before all the 'disability bashing' started I regarded myself as an equal to people I mixed with. No I have no self esteem and am receiving psychiatric
treatment as well as a panoply of drugs and regular checks. My condition will eventually kill me. And I shall die feeling less than human, a creature, a burden, a sponger, not the pretty disabled young woman I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment